2017 ESA All-Star Team
- Abigail Remke
- CJ Garren
- Cory Jackson
- Ryan Conklin
- Georgia Cook
- Braidyn Cunningham
- Henry Grattan
- Ted Eberhart
- Sophie Falzone
- Thomas Sims
- Tommy Tillet
- Logan Kamen
- Jordan Montgomery
- Trevor Francis
- Kainalu Nichols
- Leah Thompson
2017 ESA All-Star Junior Team
- Blayr Barton
- Braeden Kopec
- Bree Smith
- CJ Mangio
- Kanoa Wong
- Olivia Beaven
- Quinn Battagleise
- Rachel Wilson
- Symcha Sachs
- Tucker Collins
Check out our 2015 Allstar Team!
Check out our 2016 Allstar Team!
2017 ESA All-Star Team Mentors
- Haley Watson
- Rodney Logan
- Lenny Nichols
- David Montgomery
Check out our Allstar Team Graduates!
Support the ESA All-Star Team by purchasing a $20 raffle ticket for your chance to win the following items:
ESA ALL-STAR TEAM RAFFLE 2016 PRIZES
Grand Prize – Surfboard artwork painted by Damien Share and donated by OluKai (worth nearly $1000)
Second Prize – $500 Amazon Gift Card
Third Prize – Liquid Shredder Surfboard
Fourth Prize – East Coast Custom Longboard All-Star Skateboard
Additional Prizes –
- Rip Curl wetsuit or watch
- Pair of Reflekt Unsinkable sunglasses
- Pair of OluKai Makai sandals
- Pura Vida bracelet prize pack
- Additional items continually added by national & local sponsors.
How to become an ESA All-Star
If you are interested in joining ESA’s elite team of competitor, please review the following criteria to see if you qualify. Each candidate must also complete the ESA All-Star application. Once application is completed, the All-Star candidate will contact their local ESA district director in order to sign off on the application. The candidate will then submit their entire application to the All-Star Team Committee via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for the application to be submitted is November 1 each year.
ESA’s All-Stars are made up of the best up-and-coming surfers along the East Coast. Team members gain valuable training from world-class surf coaches, travel as a team building life-long relationships and become exposed within the surfing industry through the ESA by the organization’s marketing, press releases, webcasts, etc.
To be considered an ESA All-Star, you should have the right ATTITUDE (not only does one need to be a strong competitor to make the team, but must also set a good example with regard to sportsmanship), DEDICATION to the ESA organization & PERFORMANCE (your results from local and regional events, as well as Easterns®).
The criteria for consideration as an All-Star include:
- Minimum age requirement is 14 as of January 1 for year applying for.
- Jr. Members must be between the ages of 10-13 as of January 1 for the applying year.
- Must have completed in a minimum of one Easterns® Surfing Championships.
- Maximum attendance and participation in your local ESA events.
- Proven results in your local ESA district, Regional and Easterns® events.
- Must be an active volunteer at your local ESA events to help run the contests.
- Must be willing to provide three personal references for consideration.
- Must be willing to participate in all fundraising campaigns for the All-Star Team as a member.
- Must be able to travel with the All-Star Team without parental supervision (Jr. members will not be traveling).
- AS Mentors – 1-2 in each region – must be:
- Parent of current member OR
- Former ESA AS Team member OR
- Adult ESA competitor with dedication to the ESA organization and positive attitude.
- Same criteria as AS Team Members (except age requirement)
- Traveling adult mentors must be older than 25 years old, have a valid credit card with acceptable credit limit, have a valid US drivers license and auto insurance.
The final team roster shall be comprised of the nominees who have the highest degree of all three criteria. The incoming team for the following calendar year will be contacted in November and announced to the public at the January Surf Expo.
Former ESA Team members include Kelly Slater, Shea Lopez, Cory Lopez, Ben Bourgeois, Chris Baiata, Jeremy Saukel, Sam Hammer, Brian Stoehr, Tyler Calloway (FCS), ESA Icon Eric Taylor (record 7 years!), Jamie DeWitt, Zander Morton, David Awbrey, Josh Richardson and Todd Kinsey. Once an All-Star, always an All-Star! The team is our pride and are the ambassadors of the world’s largest and most effective surfing organization.
For more about the ESA All-Star team, contact the All-Star Team Committee directly at email@example.com.