2016 ESA All-Star Team
- Maria Barend
- Spencer Bridges
- Patrick Conklin
- Ryan Conklin
- Braidyn Cunningham
- Noah Dovin
- Julia Eckel
- Sophie Falzone
- Nohea Futrell
- Lars Hamilton
- Logan Kamen
- Jordan Montgomery
- Alexa Muss
- Kainalu Nichols
- Leah Thompson
Check out our 2015 Allstar Team!
2016 ESA All-Star Team Mentors
- Chuck & Ana Barend
- Haley Watson
- Rod Logan
- Cooper Fortney (Jr. Mentor)
- Georgia Cook (Jr. Mentor)
- Cierra Cunningham (Jr. Mentor)
Check out our Allstar Team Graduates!
Support the ESA All-Star Team by purchasing a $20 raffle ticket for your chance to win the following items:
ESA ALL-STAR TEAM RAFFLE 2016 PRIZES
Grand Prize – Surfboard artwork painted by Damien Share and donated by OluKai (worth nearly $1000)
Second Prize – $500 Amazon Gift Card
Third Prize – Liquid Shredder Surfboard
Fourth Prize – East Coast Custom Longboard All-Star Skateboard
Additional Prizes –
- Rip Curl wetsuit or watch
- Pair of Reflekt Unsinkable sunglasses
- Pair of OluKai Makai sandals
- Pura Vida bracelet prize pack
- Additional items continually added by national & local sponsors.
How to become an ESA All-Star
If you are interested in joining ESA’s elite team of competitor, please review the following criteria to see if you qualify. Each candidate must also complete the All-Star Application. Once application is completed, the All-Star candidate will contact their local ESA district director in order to sign off on the application. The candidate will then submit their entire application to the All-Star Team Committee via email at email@example.com. Deadline for the application to be submitted is July 30th each year.
To be considered an ESA All-Star, you should have the right ATTITUDE (not only does one need to be a strong competitor to make the team, but must also set a good example with regard to sportsmanship and dedication to the ESA organization & PERFORMANCE (your results from local and regional events, as well as Easterns®).
The criteria for consideration as an All-Star include:
- Must be between the ages of 14-17, as of January 1st for year applying for.
- Must have completed in a minimum of two Easterns® Surfing Championships.
- Maximum attendance and participation in your local ESA events.
- Proven results in your local ESA district, Regional and Easterns® events.
- Must be an active volunteer at your local ESA events to help run the contests.
- Must be willing to provide three personal references for consideration.
- Must be willing to participate in all fundraising campaigns for the All-Star Team as a member.
- Must be able to travel with the All-Star Team without parental supervision.
- There is a limit of 2 years participation on the All-Star Team as a member but then mentor, committee and other All-Star opportunities may be available.
*Current AS members grandfathered into 2015 criteria (ie, age, 3 years max, etc)
- AS Jr Mentors – 1 or 2 in each region – ages 18-22
- AS Adult Mentors – 1-2 in each region – must be:
- Parent of current member OR
- Former ESA AS Team member OR
- Adult ESA competitor with dedication to the ESA organization and positive attitude.
- Same criteria as AS Team Members (except age requirement)
- Traveling adult mentors must be older than 25 years old, have a valid credit card with acceptable credit limit, have a valid US drivers license and auto insurance.
The final team roster shall be comprised of the nominees who have the highest degree of all three criteria and the team for the following calendar year shall be presented during the awards ceremonies at Easterns® in September.
Former ESA Team members include Kelly Slater, Shea Lopez, Cory Lopez, Ben Bourgeois, Chris Baiata, Jeremy Saukel, Sam Hammer, Brian Stoehr, Tyler Calloway (FCS), ESA Icon Eric Taylor (record 7 years!), Jamie DeWitt, Zander Morton, David Awbrey, Josh Richardson and Todd Kinsey. Once an All-Star, always an All-Star! The team is our pride and are the ambassadors of the world’s largest and most effective surfing organization.
For more about the ESA All-Star team, contact the All-Star Team Committee directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.