With a history of nearly 50 years of success, ESA contests are organized at the grassroots, district level on a year round basis. Each district conducts four or more contests per year, and each year the ESA has over 150 competitions along the entire East Coast. From the local district level, top finishers are invited to advance to Region competitions (of which there are three; Southeast, Mid-Atlantic & Northeast). The top finishers in those Regional championship events are invited to the The Easterns® which is held each September on the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
- 2017 Southeast Regionals | April 21 – 23 | Melbourne Beach, FL
- 2017 Mid-Atlantic Regionals | May 5 – 7 | Location TBD
- 2017 Northeast Regionals | May 19 – 21 | Belmar, NJ
- 2017 Eastern Surfing Championships | September 17 – 23 | Jennette’s Pier, Nags Head, NC
ESA Rules of Competition
- ESA Rules of Competition – revised Jan 2016