With a history of over forty-five years of success, ESA contests are organized at the grassroots, district level on a year round basis. Each district conducts four or more contests per year, and each year the ESA has over 150 competitions along the entire East Coast. From the local district level, top finishers are invited to advance to Region competitions (of which there are three; Southeast, Mid-Atlantic & Northeast). The top finishers in those Regional championship events are invited to the The Easterns® which is held each September on the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
- 2016 Southeast Regionals | April 15 – 17 | Paradise Beach Park, Melbourne Beach, FL
- 2016 Mid-Atlantic Regionals | April 28 – May 1 | Carolina Beach, NC
- 2016 Northeast Regionals | May 13 – 15 | Belmar, NJ
- 2016 Eastern Surfing Championships | September 18 – 24 | Jennette’s Pier, Nags Head, NC
- ESA Rules of Competition- revised Jan 2015
- Judges Courses