With a history of over forty-five years of success, ESA contests are organized at the grassroots, district level on a year round basis. Each district conducts four or more contests per year, and each year the ESA has over 150 competitions along the entire East Coast. From the local district level, top finishers are invited to advance to Region competitions (of which there are three; Southeast, Mid-Atlantic & Northeast). The top finishers in those Regional championship events are invited to the The Easterns® which is held each September on the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
- 2015 Southeast Regionals – April 16-19 – Paradise Beach Park, Melbourne Beach, FL
- 2015 Mid-Atlantic Regionals – April 30 – May 3 – Jennette’s Pier, Nags Head, NC
- 2015 Northeast Regionals – May 15 – 17 – Belmar, NJ
- 2015 Eastern Surfing Championships – Sept 20-26 – Jennette’s Pier, Nags Head, NC
- ESA Rules of Competition- revised Jan 2015
- Judges Courses